Thursday, September 23, 2010

Comic rap up






I visited the local comic shop Alternate Reality, supporting small business oweners like I try to do, share the wealth and all that, and since I have been out of the comic mainstream for like a million years I picked up some titles all willy-nilly. The Umbrella Academy was the clear stand- out. I recommend it . Although not new, released in 2007, several companies are re-releasing titles for a discounted price to attract new audiences so now is a good time for all to buy back in.




Other titles were misses, but I stayed away from most "super" comics with the exception of a DeadPool team up featuring Monkeyman.




Another standout title with fine lines, and dialogue was the busty Power Girl, fellow Kryptonian, and avid cape wearer.

I also found a unique looking book called Meditteranea that is set in Ancient yet techco-Byzanteum, that looks to combine successful genre fantasy like Battle Chasers, and maybe "historical" stories like 300. Anywho, the book looks fresh yet manga-y and has a free online issue and accompanying site that has sister books available. http://ggstudiodesign.com/main.php?w_lang=eng

No comments: